Almas Resources: Emerging Diamond Producer

138-carat rough diamond found in Lesotho

九月 5, 2018

Gem Diamonds recovered a 138-carat stone from its Letšeng mine in Lesotho, bringing the company’s total number of 100ct+ discoveries this year to a record 12, reports Rapaport. The miner owns 70% of the Letšeng asset, with the government of Lesotho holding the remaining 30%.
The type lla rough diamond has top-white color, according to the miner.
Earlier this year, Gem Diamonds recovered the 910-carat Lesotho Legend, which the company claimed to be the fifth-largest rough stone in history. It sold for $40 million in March.
Due to recovery of large stones the miner’s revenue jumped 43% year on year in the first half of 2018, with a 33% increase in the average price per carat.
Source: Rapaport

For better web experience, please use the website in portrait mode